Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereTreking in Southern UtahTreking in Southern Utah
Previous

Next
New Post
8/18/2011 9:14 PM

I have recently moved to Southern Utah from back east and am looking for some good places to trek around. I have done quite a bit of roaming around the woods back east but am new to the western mountains. Does anyone have any favorite areas to recommend to a greenhorn. I have small children and want to share my love of wild places with them, so I am looking for family friendly areas to begin our Western Adventure. Thanks for any suggestions.

New Post
8/19/2011 1:53 PM

Welcome to the West! Which town in UT did you move to, and what kind of radius are you interested in hearing about?

Before anything else, go put 5-10 gallons of water in each of your vehicles and keep it topped off.

A very productive avenue for you is going to be going to www.kifaruforums.net and then PM a guy named "elmbow". Southern UT is his stomping grounds and he gets out a lot.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/19/2011 8:52 PM

I am living in St. George, and am looking to travel up to 100 miles or so to start out. Thanks for your feedback, I enjoy the content of your forum and will try to make contact with elmbow at Kifaru forums.

Regards,

Sheltowee 

New Post
2/10/2012 2:55 PM

The canyons around escalante are terrific. You could wonder forever. I'm not sure if you like slot canyons, but google "neon" canyon, or death hollow. I plan on spending some time there this spring.

Kevin

http://www.seekoutside.com | sig added by EH... go check out Kevin's stuff!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereTreking in Southern UtahTreking in Southern Utah