Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut There2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th
Previous

Next
New Post
2/10/2012 1:30 PM

Sorry for the short notice. This is a winter rondy about a mile from the trailhead. Location is 35 minutes away from Baker Oregon. You'll need to get in under your own power with your own gear (2-3 feet of snow currently), but there are plenty of tent spots once you get there. If you're interested, reply to this thread, or email info@hillpeoplegear.com.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/14/2012 2:06 PM

I will be going through Portland and up the gorge if anybody is on that route that wants to ride along. I plan on going Thurs. because I will be taking my wife to the airport on the way. I will be coming home Sunday but don't know the exact time because I will be picking my wife up on the way back. Her plane come in sometime in the afternoon so I don't think a really early return on Sun will be necessary.

New Post
2/14/2012 3:55 PM

I'll be headed south from Spokane area on Highway 395. Do I need to bring an saw for fuel wood? For anyone interested in different shelters, I'll be testing out an Ti Goat 6.5 Vertex so you can all see what it looks like and do an comparo.

New Post
2/15/2012 2:47 PM

Can't believe this will be in my neck of the woods and I can't be there. Hope everyone has a good time and definitly looking forward to the pics.

New Post
2/15/2012 10:59 PM

Email with directions has gone out to everyone on my list. If you haven't gotten it and should have, sorry for the oversight. Just drop me a line at info@hillpeoplegear.com.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
2/17/2012 5:17 AM

oldpinecricker wrote
I'll be headed south from Spokane area on Highway 395. Do I need to bring an saw for fuel wood?For anyone interested in different shelters, I'll be testing out an Ti Goat 6.5 Vertex so you can all see what it looks like and do an comparo.

Pinecricker, you wanna do a write up on that TiGoat tipi?  If the tax man is nice to me this year i am thinking of their 8 man. 

Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.- Psalm 55:7

New Post
2/19/2012 2:11 PM

I decided to make up some chili for everyone for friday night. I have the crockpot going with the first batch now.  Looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/19/2012 8:22 PM

Crockpot chili, you say?  Dangit man,  that is just adding insult to injury.

New Post
2/20/2012 12:37 PM

I was going to contribute a pot of elk stew for one of the nights (Sat.?) as long as we have a stove to heat it on. I am assuming a wood stove. Anyone getting there on Thurs. pm.? I should be there sometime in the afternoon but if others aren't going to get there till Fri. I may wait at the parking area until Fri..

New Post
2/20/2012 12:56 PM

Bushcraft - You are the one who told me to bring it. Although I did make it a bit milder.

Snakey, there is going to be no shortage of wood stoves.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/20/2012 2:40 PM

Snakey, I am planning on being at the parking area by 4:00 pm on Thursday. If the weather is bad and slows me down it could be later. If the weather is really bad over the blues then I might just hunker down in La Grande for the night.

New Post
2/20/2012 5:01 PM

Big W I don't know exactly when I am going to get there but I guess early pm. I had planned to sleep in my truck if no one showed and go on in if someone else is there but I am flexible. If you make it we can figure something out. The weather doesn't look too bad but who knows. I will see you there one way or the other.

New Post
2/20/2012 5:39 PM

Evan, Badger, and I are going to leave here sometime Thursday. Who knows when though, and who knows where we will end up spending the night.

New Post
2/22/2012 7:18 PM

Planned on leaving Thurs but I cannot make it. An co-worker friend of mine was murdered by his son who then committed suicide. I'll be attending an memorial Friday evening and than a wake with the family. I'll send your target when I get back from work around the second week of March. Sorry about the short notice and sorry I always have medical and death-funeral issues every time there seems to be an rondy. Have fun guys and be careful driving out there and traveling. Reguards OPC

New Post
2/22/2012 7:39 PM

Thats too bad, my thoughts go out to your friends family. We all understand why you can't make it, sounds like you need to be there. Nothing to be sorry for but the family in this situation. Mabye we can get togather in your neck of the woods this spring like Allen mentioned and have a mini rondy. I wanted to pick your brain about spring bear in your area so I will get in touch with you soon.

New Post
2/23/2012 6:39 AM

Don't know if this will get to anyone until after but I am very sick and will not make it. Sleeping in the snow is the last thing I feel like doing. D**N. OPC sorry to hear about your situation too. Have fun everyone!

New Post
2/23/2012 8:17 AM

OPC, I don't have the words. My thoughts are with you. You and Cameron will be missed.

New Post
2/23/2012 8:18 AM

Snakey, feel better. It is a dang shame you couldn't make it.

New Post
2/23/2012 1:16 PM

OPC, I'm very sorry to heat that.  I wish you strength and serenity.

Snakey, get well soon.

Scot, Evan I finally figured out that this was where the real Rondy action is.  I've got a pot of elk chili going now.  It seems like others do, too.  Should I leave mine at home??

I plan to arrive Friday afternoon.

New Post
2/27/2012 10:55 AM

Back home after a fine rondy.

Thank you to Jason for his work before and during to assure we had a fine place and suitable arrangements. And for his good company.

Evan and Scot for calling the meeting, and for providing the community tipi and stove.  Thanks, also, for bringing the gear under development and for encouraging the conversations.

Wes and Badger for their skill and company.

Buck W for his thoughtful, positive presence.

Hansford for reminding us how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to enjoy what we do, and how a couple seconds can change one's perspective.

Brian(sp?) from Ontario for the day visit and bars, and for his insights into multiple use.

OPC - We were thinking of you, and Evan took some pictures of the Scout with the LPs on the sides.

We learned a lot, and we're grateful to be able to participate.

Thank you, all.

112Papa & Son

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut There2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th2012 Winter Rondy Feb 24th - 26th