Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRYASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRY
Previous

Next
New Post
1/7/2020 10:01 AM

I received my AHBC yesterday and I love it. I attached my jansport belt until I save enough nickles to get the prairie belt. In my opinion it's a great size for smaller guys. I'm 5'6" and even though I'm fairly fit I know my limitations and larger loadouts are impractical for any real distance for me. Also I am in Oklahoma and our winters can certainly get cold at times it's not like the north country so packing for winter loadouts doesn't need to be quite as extensive. I loaded it up and am going on my first truck with it today. I love how it rides and the construction is top notch. Is there not a picture function on the forum I would like to see how others are loading it out.

New Post
1/13/2020 7:07 PM

I'm considering the AHBC for travel. My ideal travel setup would be somthing like the AHBC with the ability to attach another bag either on the top or the bottom like a bedroll. The intent is to place the seconadary bag under the seat while fiying and be able to attach it to the AHBC when walking. Are there any attachment points on the AHBC that wood work to attach a bag? I'm thinking of a 18L to 20L seconday bag. Something that will maximize under seat storage.

New Post
1/14/2020 8:08 AM

I used the AHBC as carry on luggage for 15 days quite recently.  It's everything you need in a travel bag, even if you're larger or will be travelling in cooler climates.  There are enough lashing points to attach another, smaller bag if you wanted to.  The AHBC will only go in the overhead bin.

New Post
1/14/2020 9:57 AM

There are both top and bottom straps that you could use to add a stuff sack.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
1/15/2020 1:31 AM

I have a question about the pals panels. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I do not have a whole lot of experience with Molle pouches but tried to mount a couple I had to the pals panel on my AHBC and the webbing does not line up with the pals cutting. Are there different spacing out there on the market and if so what should I be looking for to be sure what I get is compatible with my pack? Thanks for the help.

New Post
1/15/2020 9:55 AM

The answer is there shouldn't be, but the reality is that we see quit a bit of stuff that is supposedly made to pals spacing standard, but is a bit to way off in actuality. Whether it is a misunderstanding of that spacing or just sloppy manufacturing only those companies know. I have never had a pouch from reputable/quality company that didn't fit, and most of the cheaper stuff does as well. That being said sometimes there are lemons, everyone has them even us.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/25/2020 9:00 PM

If you run the AHBC without the Aston panel or pocket do the straps connect with the other side to provide compression? If I am understanding you need to buy addition webbing and buckles to accomplish this.

New Post
8/27/2020 1:51 PM

I recently acquired this pack, to replace many other single use packs I had that I have sold off. I'd like to swap out for the Aston pocket, but was curious, in the photos on the packs page it shows one photo with the panel and has a pocket behind that, what pocket is that? Thanks!

New Post
8/27/2020 2:14 PM

Are you talking about the camo pocket? If so I think that was a Palspocket.

New Post
8/28/2020 12:05 PM

Thank you! Another question, are there any pockets that work with both the AHBC and the Decker frame? 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRYASTON HOUSE BACKCOUNTRY