Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBackcountry bike suggestions Backcountry bike suggestions
Previous

Next
New Post
4/27/2017 10:47 AM

Ever since I put a chain (instead of a belt) on my harley, I've been running the same spray on motorcycle chain lube on my bicycles. Following the ADV guy's directions -- keep your chain douched with this stuff, don't bother with cleaning it. It works and lasts a lot longer than any bicycle chain lube I've ever used.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
4/27/2017 3:34 PM

What brand or make? Something else to try.
I just cleaned the chain yesterday with the Park chain cleaning system and lubed with Squirt.
Truth be told it would take a lot of miles in a lot of conditions over a lot of time to see any real difference, and even that would probably come with checks and balances. It is pretty cool that we have so many GOOD options!
"Almost anything will work...if you will"

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralBackcountry bike suggestions Backcountry bike suggestions