Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneral3M 5200 Polyurethane  sealant for pack repair?3M 5200 Polyurethane sealant for pack repair?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/14/2017 1:02 PM

As part of accepting my new place in life as a flat lander, I have taken up bike rideing with the intent of "Touring" all the local state parks. I recently picked up a compleat set of Jandd panniers and a handle bar bag from a guy who had taken them on a couple longer tours includeing around the great lakes. He sold them to me for maybe 15 cents on the dollar, but they have so many small cuts holes and abrasions that they are getting close to being generaly wore out.  I'm planning on  going over them and hand stitching where apropriate, coating  over  stitches, holes and abrasions with 5200, and putting tenacious tape over the wet polyurethane where possible.  Hopefull this will give them a reasonable second life, and since the bike  and racks they will be mounted on will be most likely entirely different, the same points will not be chaffed. I figured the folks on this forum are as likely as any to have had worn out various packs and attempted such repairs.  Any thoughts? Thanks, Woody

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneral3M 5200 Polyurethane  sealant for pack repair?3M 5200 Polyurethane sealant for pack repair?