Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPack StoragePack Storage
Previous

Next
New Post
3/29/2019 11:47 AM

For those of you who have a rather extensive collection of packs, what have you found to be the best and most space efficient way of storing them? Wondering if anyone has any real good solutions that maybe I haven't thought of. 

New Post
3/29/2019 5:42 PM

I hang dry mine and then throw them all in Rubbermaid bin till the next adventure. High-tech solution. 

:-)

New Post
3/30/2019 9:29 AM

I store them all inside one another. My kit bag goes into my daypack, which goes into a soft sided carry on bag, that soft sided carry on luggage goes into my travel pro roller carry on, then that bag and my large osprey pack go into my big roller suitcase. Keeps all my travel bags together and takes up way less space. 

All my camping/hiking stuff is in a storage bin together. 

New Post
4/5/2019 1:31 PM

I have had a couple of older packs with coated materials turn sticky in the last year. They were stored in a plastic bin inside of a climate controlled space. One of the manufacturers of those packs suggested that packs should be hung or stood up by themselves for storage as not allowing them to "off gas" can cause some coatings to break down.

Storing multiple packs loose like that would obviously take up a lot of space and I have know way of truly verifying what they said but as a result of that conversation, I do now store all my most used packs hung or stood up loosely.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPack StoragePack Storage