Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralSalomon Forces Speed Assault BootsSalomon Forces Speed Assault Boots
Previous

Next
New Post
11/20/2019 4:45 PM

Haven't posted here in the HPG Forum in quite a while.  Figured I'd give it a fresh start with a new pair of outdoor footwear.

I wanted to just post a photo I took of the boots, but it pasted in at a ginormous size.  So, here is the link to them.

https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/pr...html#color=9000

On initial blush, they feel pretty dang good.  I was worried about the width because I have a wide forefoot.  They really aren't bad.  The only pressure I'm feeling is from the laces over my instep when they are tightened down.  I figured out how to mostly defeat that by adjusting the laces tight only at the top of the boot.

I bought these because in my current job, I sometimes have to do 14-17 km movements with a pack weighing around 10-15 lbs, alternately running and speed hiking.  As I get older, I'm looking for any advantage I can gain.  These seem to fit the bill as a true "go-fast" boot.  I'll share more about them after I get some miles in them while training.  Anyway, figured I'd pass this on.  BTW...US Elite Gear is actually having a big sale on these right now.

Ken sends.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralSalomon Forces Speed Assault BootsSalomon Forces Speed Assault Boots