Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS
Previous

Next
New Post
8/4/2019 12:53 PM

Newish here, I have been reading for a few days, but anyway, found you guys thru a write up on the Kit bags, and now I want to spend way too much money, but on the plus side now I want to get out in the woods more, just need to make that more than a want

New Post
10/5/2019 3:13 AM

Hi fellow HPG users/junkies

Started my HPG journey with original kit bags about 7 years back. was in armed forces for almost 11 years ending in 2011 and have since moved on to private sectors in event security, close protection and dealing of tactical products from pack brands such as blackhawk, 5.11, maxpedition, eberlestock, first spear, oakley, gegerrig, j-tech, truspec, SOG, SKB, watershed etc. currently in education sector managing student safety, travels, discipline and crisis mgt. in my free time, i would love to go urban exploring, hiking, camping, photography, drawing and graphic designs.

Over the years since my military service, my main choice of packs moved from standard issued > camelbak > blackhawk > maxpedition > mystery ranch > gorucks and recently mainly HPG. Other then basic requirements such as shoulder suspension and load bearing, key factors such as organisation, flexibility and reconfigablility according to my needs played a big part in my pack selections. HPG equipage taxonomy for backcountry is as applicable as i transit from military taxonomy with modification for my current work requirement.

Current HPG gears: tarahumara, highlander x2, umlindi, astonhouse backcountry /w panel, recon kit bag, palpocket v2, aston pockets

Wishlist: decker frame /w pocket

New Post
12/4/2019 8:18 PM

Greetings! My name is Jeffrey. Came across this forum several days ago, while I was looking for an update for my camping gear. Decided to join. Would be glad to share my experience with you and to learn from fellow campers.
Safe journeys for everyone.

New Post
1/5/2020 8:09 PM

FNG here... No experience with HPG. I just ordered an Umlindi and a Runner Kit. Pretty stoked to give these products a whirl.  Attache will be next on my list if the pack works out the way I want it to.

New Post
1/8/2020 5:38 PM

Apologies. Been lurking forever, and posted a few times, but never made an intro.

Prior military and law enforcement, doing more behind-the-scenes security stuff and teaching these days. Most of my background is in the explosives and counter-terror side of things, though not a "cool guy" by any stretch! Originally from out west, but currently stuck in the mid-Atlantic. Don't get outside nearly as much as I'd like, though I have been working to improve that the past few months.

HPG items include the kitbag (have had numerous incarnations), and just branching into a recon belt setup for some different approaches.

New Post
4/1/2020 10:18 PM

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. Im new here, found your gear page after trying to search out new hunting/backpacking gear.

New Post
5/23/2020 10:31 PM

Hey folks,
FNG, inland NW denizen, and pro musician here. New to HPG—although the gear’s reputation most certainly precedes my recent acquisition—and I’m looking forward to learning some things here at this site along the way. With this COVID19 sitch going on, the entire summer season that I would normally work has vaporized, so my better half and I are looking forward to vaporizing into the hills ourselves, and doing a metric ton of “forest bathing.” Hence the post. Catch you around, here and there, I trust.

New Post
5/26/2020 6:42 AM

New guy here. Just found HPG about 2 weeks ago. Ordered a original kit bag v2 and have been watching a lot of the in field videos. I miss CO! I’ma retired army Soldier living in SC. Learning a lot from this site.

New Post
6/27/2020 10:19 PM

Lurking here a while so putting up first post.

I live in the North (Manitoba). Work gets me around although not as much as Army life. A friend oriented me to HPG kit and Ive added a few great items to my lockup over the last few months. Mostly putting miles training on trails with my Aston House right now.

Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

New Post
8/20/2020 6:05 PM

Finally joined... I’m based outside of Boston, MA and I’m a large format film photographer. Looking forward to learning some new skills here.

New Post
9/6/2020 9:18 AM

Longtime lurker, new poster in Payson, AZ. Looking forward to getting on the trusted user list. Attempted to reply to a post in the Classifieds but didn't seem to work(FNG status).

New Post
9/15/2020 4:30 AM

Great Information

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNEW MEMBERSNEW MEMBERS