Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralGame Bags for packing out meatGame Bags for packing out meat
Previous

Next
New Post
8/7/2020 4:45 PM

Does anyone have opinions on game bags? I have been reviewing the Cabelas selection and see alot of options!

New Post
8/7/2020 7:50 PM

We have had good luck with the simple stretchy cheesecloth type game bags. Nothing fancy but they work. King size (long) pillow cases also work well and are cheap. You can tie them together and hang them saddle bag style over a pack if you run out of room and sanity. I don't think I've ever had a game bag fail. I usually keep a few 2 gallon freezer ziplocks bags along for liver, tenderloins, and heart if it isn't mangled. Nothing high-speed or low-drag but it works for us.

I have never gotten around to buying fancier BOMB or similar nylon / synthetic bag. They look cool.

I have never cared for the heavier canvas/thick cotton type game bags. The thicker canvas type bags never seem to get clean after they get soaked in blood. YMMV.

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
8/9/2020 1:20 PM

strow wrote:
"We have had good luck with the simple stretchy cheesecloth type game bags." 

Agreed. I prefer a game bag that is light (because I carry it all on my back) and as breathable as possible to allow the meat to cool quickly. Obviously not as much of a concern later in the season, but no real downside, either. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralGame Bags for packing out meatGame Bags for packing out meat