Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralFix For Creaky-Noisy Pack FramesFix For Creaky-Noisy Pack Frames
Previous

Next
New Post
6/26/2014 7:05 PM

I've been fairly irritated lately with a noisy frame / suspension on an external pack I have with a DEI 1606 AC frame.  It was noisy enough that I think it could actually spook something I might be trying to move quietly towards...whether it be a two or four legged critter.  Not to mention the creaking was pretty annoying while carrying the ruck.  

I started searching around the net for methods to correct the issue and found one where someone had rubbed parafin wax on the offending parts of the pack frame.  I decided to give it a try and rubbed a generous amount on both the frame sections and also the webbing that interfaces with the frame.....that did the trick!  The pack is now A LOT quieter than it was before!

Just thought I ought to share this little trick in case someone else out there is facing similar issues.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/27/2014 10:49 AM

Do you think that trick would work on shoulders and knees?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralFix For Creaky-Noisy Pack FramesFix For Creaky-Noisy Pack Frames