Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNew Jetboil Mighty Mo stand alone stove quick reviewNew Jetboil Mighty Mo stand alone stove quick review
Previous

Next
New Post
1/22/2017 6:14 PM

This is a short run down of the new jetboil mighty mo. Until now you were stuck with the jet boil pan support plate if you wanted to use an alternate pot or pan. Jetboil has now jumped into the stand alone canister stove market. This looks like it will be a direct competitor to the new MSR pocket rocket 2 both with very similar specs and price points. The main point of use (for me) is the ability to boil greater amounts of water for two people quickly and safely. The other is that sometimes I do enjoy cooking but not dealing with bulk or weight.

Jetboil pushes the valve they use hard in advertising and this is one of those times when I feel the hype is real. . The action is smooth and the adjustment is very fine. It is on par with my minimo. I have several Jetboil products and they have been fantastic for cooking in many situations. They do get left behind on backcountry trips due to size and weight though. This stove changes that and will now have a place is many of my trips with my son and SO.  Below are a few size comparisons with a BRS3000 The mighty mo boiled 2 cups of water in a 550ml ti. pot in 2.20 minutes at 85-90% output. The pot was too small for 100% (10,000 btu) as you can see the pot stands will handle something much bigger. They arms are very stable and lock in solid when folded out. The stove on it's own is 3.4oz with the included stand and sack totals 4.7oz. combined with a small ti. pot or imusa pot there is a potential to shave 10oz. if you are going from a minimo or other jetboil as most are over 17oz.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNew Jetboil Mighty Mo stand alone stove quick reviewNew Jetboil Mighty Mo stand alone stove quick review