Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPack organization bags/pullout optionsPack organization bags/pullout options
Previous

Next
New Post
12/31/2017 11:19 PM

What is everyone using for pack organization and to keep everything seperated?

I am running a BFG Admin Dapper Pouch that I swap between packs and love it. Worth every penny for daily use items.

Use the HPG Tool Roll in the hunting pack for extra ammo, cleaning/repair kit, spare drop and DA chart,etc.

I have also had good luch with an older Kifaru pullout (XL I think).  It's an older nylon version prior to the UL I think. 

Are there any other zippered bags similar to the Kifaru Pullout but in diffrent colors for color coding gear?  Just a simple light weight bag zippered bag that is rectangular.  Not a cylinder type stuff sack that you have to dump or squirrel through everytime you need something.

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
12/31/2017 11:34 PM

I've used the Sea To Summit zipper pouches (airsack?) for quite some time and like them quite a bit, they had both flat pouches and dimensioned cube pouches that worked well for just about anything. They used to be silnylon with water resistant zippers, but I think they've been changing them up and they might be packcloth with normal zippers now.

I made a bunch of small zipper pouches out of tent scraps for my tiny things that fall to the bottom of packs, larger zipper pouches for food, and use silnylon drysacks for just about everything else (clothing, insulation, electronics, etc).

New Post
1/1/2018 4:54 AM

It looks like Granite Gear still makes something similar to the S to S zipper pouches you mention.

New Post
1/1/2018 7:22 AM

CollinAshmore wrote:
It looks like Granite Gear still makes something similar to the S to S zipper pouches you mention.

Yep .... I use these two versions.

https://www.granitegear.com/outdoor/packing-systems/zippered-stuffsacks/air-zippsack.html
https://www.granitegear.com/outdoor/packing-systems/zippered-stuffsacks/air-zippditty.html

New Post
1/1/2018 9:49 AM

You guys rock!  Exactly what I am looking for.

They even have "multi-full-colored" ones...

New Post
1/3/2018 8:49 PM

Do'h! at least one of my zipper pouches IS granite gear, I just got my colorful silnylon suppliers mixed up. The granite gear tactical line also has some nice zippered pouches.

New Post
1/9/2018 1:16 AM

Kifaru Pullouts are nice if you want a more subdued color.

New Post
1/9/2018 3:44 PM

The Granite Gear sacks arrived yesterday. Good company to deal with so far! I got a variety pack and like the sizes for far.

For anything outside the pack I do like the subdued or earth-tone colors. For anything stored inside, or that I make take out and misplace I sure like the bright colors. Less likely for me to misplace or leave something behind.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPack organization bags/pullout optionsPack organization bags/pullout options