Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRe: Bag recommendations for everyday use and for hiking/camping?Re: Bag recommendations for everyday use and for hiking/camping?
Previous

Next
New Post
6/23/2020 1:55 PM

I use a bag that is for the daily grind while in the military to transport my personal stuff cause it was a black bag and it is still in use today. I highly recommend you watch the you tube videos that HPG has and it will help you sort thru it. Also read about the different bags here on this forum and on FB, lots of info in both.
Link to YT, https://www.youtube.com/user/HillPeopleGear/videos

New Post
6/27/2020 5:07 PM

For an EDC laptop bag I like a Swissgear pack that I've been using for several years. It's black, doesn't stand out in an urban environment, has been durable, and offers good organization for the various things I take to the office.

For overnight camping or hiking I prefer something like my HPG Tarahumara (light day hikes or for use as a day pack when deer hunting) or a Spec-Ops Recon Ruck, which is similar to a medium ALICE pack. I just got a HPG Umlindi v2 that I'm looking to use to replace the Recon Ruck for warm weather overnighters.

I will say that the the HPG shoulder strap/harness is BY FAR the most comfortable I've ever used.

Dave Markowitz

New Post
7/22/2020 11:42 PM

Acabo de contratar un plan con el mismo proveedor por lo que ya no necesito el gratuito. Un saludo y muchas gracias.

New Post
7/22/2020 11:43 PM

Once again any and all help will be very much appreciated!

New Post
7/26/2020 11:27 AM

If you are looking for one pack that can suffice for day hikes and the occasional overnighter, the Umlindi is your huckleberry. Simple and very adaptable.

Of course, part of the strength of the HPG line is how modular everything is. Add a Recon or Prarie belt to the Umlindi and you can add accessory pockets, bottle holsters, etc. to increase capacity and comfort with a heavier load.. Get the buttpack and it functions as a pack top lid, and so on.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRe: Bag recommendations for everyday use and for hiking/camping?Re: Bag recommendations for everyday use and for hiking/camping?