By continuing you agree to our use of cookies. You are able to update your settings at any time.

Cookie Policy

A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser, and then subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember things that a browser had done there in the past, which can include having clicked particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.

Strictly Necessary Cookies

These cookies cannot be disabled

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off. They are normally set in response to your interactions on the website e.g. logging in etc.

Cookies:
  • .ASPXANONYMOUS
  • .DOTNETNUKE
  • __RequestVerificationToken
  • authentication
  • CV_Portal
  • CV_Store_Portal_Cart_21
  • CV_USER
  • dnn_IsMobile
  • language
  • LastPageId
  • NADevGDPRCookieConsent_portal_21
  • userBrowsingCookie

Performance Cookies

These cookies allow us to monitor traffic to our website so we can improve the performance and content of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited or how you navigated around our website.

Cookies:
  • _ga
  • _gat
  • _gid

Functional Cookies

These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and content. They may be set by the website or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.

Cookies:

Currently we are not utilizing these types of cookies on our site.

Targeting Cookies

These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.

Cookies:

Currently we are not utilizing these types of cookies on our site.

HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralOvernight Packing List Overnight Packing List
Previous

Next
New Post
12/17/2021 7:24 PM

A friend and I recently did an overnight trip near Mount Cheaha, AL, the highest point in the state. Below are the contents I took with me. This was the first trip I've done in quite a bit. 

• Qui-Ya (bottom to top)
    • Main Compartment
      • Mountain Serape
      • Tent (Litefighter 1; issued gear; rain fly first then inner portion)
      • Air mattress (Klymit Static V2 slid down the side)
      • Tent poles, stakes (slid down opposite of the mattress)
      • Clothes in dry bag towards front of pack (waffle top, Darn Tough socks, ninja pants, beanie, compression shorts)
      • Food in dry bag against back of pack (definitely took too much food; wanted a little more than needed just in case, but still too much)
      • HPG Tool Roll on top of clothes bag (compass, batteries, fire kit, etc)
      • Trauma Kit in Spiritus Fanny Sack
      • PDW Tycho down hoodie
      • Cook Kit (Toaks 750ml pot, MSR Pocket Rocket 2, 4oz canister, mini Bic, Hot Lips; I put the canister in a shop towel to minimize noise and to have it handy)
      • Sawyer Squeeze filter (Grayl is my go-to, but for this trip the Sawyer made more sense. Didn't expect to use it, but had it if needed.)
      • Wind Cheater
    • Lid Pocket 
      • Rain jacket
      • Poo Kit
      • Charge kit
      • Spoon
    • 2x 1.5L Smart Water bottles in the wand pockets
    • Prairie Belt
      • 2x 20oz Smart Water bottles
        • no water near our camp site
      • Medium GP Pouch (snacks)
      • ESEE JG3
  • Original Kit Bag 
    • Rear Compartment
      • Pistol
      • Map
    • Middle Compartment
      • Garmin
      • ESEE CR2.5
      • StreamLight ProTac
      • Vortex monocular
      • Princeton Tec headlamp
      • Buff
    • Front Compartment
      • Small fire kit
      • Small compass
      • Notebook 
      • 4" chemlight

I think that's it. I left my folding saw in an effort to cut some weight, but I won't do that again. Negligible difference in weight and the saw is worth having IMO. I slept in my waffle top, puffy, Serape in sleeping bag mode, pants, and ninja pants. Temps got to around 40 or so and I stayed warm. Good to test out that combo and see if it worked for me. Always learning and adapting. Any feedback is appreciated. 

New Post
12/20/2021 8:33 AM

I loved the trip pictures! Looks pretty squared away to me. Do you have any problems with bugs in that neck of the woods this time of year?

If you haven't been in a while, it's worth going through every single item after the trip with a postal scale handy and re-evaluate what still makes the list.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
12/20/2021 10:43 AM

The bugs were fine up there. The breeze in the afternoon and 15-20mph winds that night certainly helped. They can still be bad down here where I live and hunt. Our land is near the delta so mosquitos will come out if warms up. Currently looking at an 80F high on Christmas day. Gotta love the south. 

As for the scale suggestion, that's a good one and we have one. Food is definitely where I overpacked. Would've eaten a little more, but we had to hike out first thing that morning due to some unfortunate circumstances back home. Skipped breakfast and beat feet to the car. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralOvernight Packing List Overnight Packing List