Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsVehicle Mobilit...Vehicle Mobilit...Backcountry Vehicle and Phone Power RecoveryBackcountry Vehicle and Phone Power Recovery
Previous

Next
New Post
6/2/2015 10:55 AM

I recently purchased a Cyntur Jumper Pack Mini for use while traveling CONUS and OCONUS.  Just tested it on two V-8 engine up-armored Toyota Land Cruisers that recently returned from Afghanistan with dead batteries.  The Jumper Pack Mini successfully started both vehicles in less than 4 seconds, one right after the other.  It can jump large V-8 engines and anything smaller.

It will re-charge a phone 3-6 times and a tablet 1-3 times before the device needs re-charged itself.  A full charge lasts 1 year in the Lithium Ion battery.  It can be re-charged via an AC wall socket, or even inside a running vehicle on the go, using a power inverter inside the vehicle.  $99.95...not a bad pricepoint for some piece of mind and not being caught dead in the water far away from assistance.  They have another model coming out soon, the Jumper Pack Pro, that will be able to handle diesel motors.

The Jumper Pack Mini also has an integral flashlight, which can also be switched over to flash SOS.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the power the company has packed into such a small package.

It is small enough that it can be carried in a carry-on bag, which is TSA compliant.  It cannot be carried in checked luggage.

Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.cyntur.com/Store/Product-V...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/2/2015 3:03 PM

Thanks! I'll be checking into this.

New Post
6/2/2015 3:39 PM

Good review! Glad to know if's carry on legal. This could potentially solve some work-related power issues for me. I have had my eye one this for awhile after your email a few months ago. I wonder if it would be worth it to wait for the larger power pack to come out?

Can you speak at all to their claim of the unit handling a charge for one year? I know you haven't had yours THAT long, but has it held a charge for the time you've had it?

New Post
6/2/2015 4:02 PM

Absolutely, Badger.  I charged it quite a while ago (right after I first got it), and after jump starting 2 completely dead truck batteries today, it is still registering a full charge.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/2/2015 9:02 PM

Outstanding! I will likely be adding one of these to my truck kit.

New Post
6/3/2015 1:19 PM

I received an email from Cyntur regarding a timeline for when the Pro model will be released.  Unfortunately, they could not provide an accurate release date.  That said, I have "Liked" them on FB and also signed up for their newsletter.  Once I hear anything about the Pro model release, I will pass on that info here on the HPG Forum.  

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsVehicle Mobilit...Vehicle Mobilit...Backcountry Vehicle and Phone Power RecoveryBackcountry Vehicle and Phone Power Recovery