Kit Bags are our original and most popular item. Kit Bags were born out of the desire to discreetly carry a pistol in a way that doesn't interfere with a full size backpack. Kit Bags are so handy for keeping small items close at hand on the trail (or in the ATV, or in the canoe, or on the stand, etc.) that many folks choose to use them even without a pistol.
The original Kit Bag has been around long enough now that we've added a few updates to the original design for V2:
- #10 zipper on the main cargo compartment instead of #8
- rear of the main cargo compartment is lined with PALS cut velcro faced fabric (First Spear 6/12) which allows for the mounting of PALS or velcro backed pouches inside the main compartmnet
- single row of PALS on the underside allows for mounting small items such as a knife
The original Kit Bag includes the following features:
- 500d construction
- quick access concealed pistol compartment
- comfortable mesh backed H-harness allows you to wear the Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack
- elastic keepers for the H-harness straps
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (included) for docking to a host pack
- tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit (optional) for running with
- Front zippered access flat pocket with two interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
- large 1" deep main compartment with dual interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
What Do Folks Carry In One?
Will My Pistol Fit?
I'm thinking about getting one of the Snubby (smaller footprint) models instead.
Should I put a holster inside of the holster?
Third party review on ITS Tactical