Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket mod question Tarapocket mod question
Previous

Next
New Post
3/20/2017 12:07 AM

Picked up a PALS pocket recently and I just don't like it as much as I'd hoped. 

How difficult would it be to run a single strip of webbing top to bottom down the inside center of the back panel, similar to the vertical daisy chains in the Highlander? Would I need to disassemble the pack, or could I manage with my home machine and some maneuvering? 

Thanks! 

New Post
3/23/2017 8:13 AM

Why not just get a Tara panel?

Without seeing your setup or knowing your skill level, yes in theory you should be able to add velcro to the interior.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/23/2017 2:24 PM

I guess I didn't make that clear. I'm thinking of getting the Tarapocket and modding it as described. Sort of a tiny Highlander.

New Post
3/23/2017 2:33 PM

I understand, but my point is get the tarapocket and a Tarapanel and no mods needed.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/24/2017 12:06 PM

Ah, I thought panel was a mis-speak meaning pocket.

I have the Aston Insert and I'm kinda ambivalent about it and really only use it as my paddle trip kitchen organizer. I'm a stuff sack guy, but the insert would definitely work.

And they are in stock, so why not! :D

New Post
3/24/2017 8:09 PM

I had my insert sitting around for a few weeks before I tried it out. I now use it all the time. I need to order another one for different load outs. You will like it. It is simple and awesome!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket mod question Tarapocket mod question