Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTool Roll - More color options - Orange is cool for fak.Tool Roll - More color options - Orange is cool for fak.
Previous

Next
New Post
5/17/2017 5:29 PM

Exist the possibility for more color options for tool roll other than coyote?

If I remember, I have seen a video where showed a Ranger Green tool roll.

But, the color I need are blaze orange, like a pals pocket run some time ago.

How measure the interest for one small run toll roll in blaze orange?

New Post
5/25/2017 5:57 PM

Besides me, is anyone else interested in a tool roll for dedicated HPG first aid kit?
Which color is best?
Emergency Red or Blaze Orange?

New Post
5/25/2017 6:50 PM

orodizi wrote:
Besides me, is anyone else interested in a tool roll for dedicated HPG first aid kit?
Which color is best?
Adventure Med Kits is your huckleberry.  Better suited to the task.  The HPG Tool Roll rocks for tools.

https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/

New Post
5/26/2017 7:12 AM

Take-a-knee wrote:
orodizi wrote:
Which color is best?
Adventure Med Kits is your huckleberry.  Better suited to the task.  The HPG Tool Roll rocks for tools.

https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/

Great suggestion TAK - as to be expected coming from you.  Any suggestions on a particular kit from these guys.

Perhaps the OP is wanting a kit that can be velcro "mounted"?  If so, I'd like to make a plug for velcro tape.   I use these two velcro tape products from Amazon: [Disclaimer: and yes, they're both afflinks; you're welcome to delete and/or replace the links if that is against tos, I save them in my afflink bookmarking tool, so I'm posting them out of convenience, not to get rich.  I have bought both of these items at least once and use these routinely.  Caveat emptor as with anythign else.]

If I get around to it, I'll take some pictures.  No guarantees on that though, since I told J I'd get some of the same setup (attache) months ago and haven't done it.  But I'm getting packed for an upcoming trip, so maybe I'll finally get some pictures for y'all..

Anyway, one thing I like about the velcro tape is that I can double up on real estate.  For example, I use USB battery packs a ton so I put sticky velcro on one side of them and soft velcro on the other side, so I can then mount something small like earpro on the outside of the battery bank.

I'd imagine that with the right firstaid kit, and liberal application of velcro tape, one could have a first aid kit that could double as a docking platform for some rapid use items like trauma shear holsters a la leatherman raptors, a tourniquet "holster", or any number of smallish useful items.

Hope that helps and please don't ban me, I like it here.

New Post
5/26/2017 2:00 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

New Post
6/6/2017 9:42 AM

The reason that the tool roll (which is the best first aid kit container I've ever used, BTW) comes with a couple of loose pieces of hook velcro is so you can sharpie a label onto them. If you want to draw extra attention to a first aid kit, tie a piece of red paracord onto the opening loop. There isn't orange stretchy fabric "in the system" so to speak and sticking with a single color for all internal pouches lets us carry and produce more different kinds of products.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTool Roll - More color options - Orange is cool for fak.Tool Roll - More color options - Orange is cool for fak.