Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConnor Pocket/Pack...Connor Pocket/Pack...
Previous

Next
New Post
6/17/2016 3:14 PM

weight savings in a location that I know the load will be minimal.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
7/12/2017 12:49 PM

I'm planning to run the Connor as a panel on my Qui-Ya, then detach the Connor and run as stand alone pack for shorter expeditions from base camp. Question is whether or not the shoulder harness needs to be removed to dock the Connor to the bigger pack. Seems like I could probably make it work with the harness attached, but curious if anyone has tried that and found it to be problematic.
I'm also planning on leaving the frame sheet in the Connor, but removing the stay.

New Post
7/12/2017 1:17 PM

I don't own a Qui-Ya, but do own a Ute and Connor, and I purchased the Connor for the same reason you plan to use it. The repair Ladderloc buckles that the load lifter straps attach to may interfere with attaching the Qui-Ya's over top compression straps, and can be tedious to remove. I ended up using G-hook wave buckles on mine instead, so when I need to use the tabs on the top of the Connor, I can quickly unclip the g-hooks.

Compared to the Ladderlocs, they're not as easy to adjust/snug up the Connor load lifter straps when you're wearing it, but not problematically so. With the stay removed and the load lifter straps unclipped, the HPG shoulder harness folds flat enough where it doesn't create an obstacle to using the pack as an organization panel and all the attachment tabs are available. If you're OCD, you might have to put a little extra effort to get the shoulder harness and hypalon wings folded behind the Connor just so to keep everything nice and neat. If you're compressing something between the Connor and the main pack, I imagine this is a bit more of a pain and, but I haven't tried it yet.

With the G-hooks instead of the ladder locks though, it takes like 60 seconds to remove or install the harness. So if I was using the Connor to compress something between the packs and it did get in the way, I'd just mark with pencil or marker on the shoulder strap webbing where I usually have things adjusted, remove it, and store it in the Connor's frame sheet pocket. When it comes time to use it as a pack, having your starting points for adjustment will make it even less time consuming to re-attach the harness.

New Post
Yesterday @ 2:47 PM

Hey there,

Question: Would I be able to wear a conner pocket/ pack while still wearing a prairie belt with a buttpack on it, or is the conner too long to do that? I think I know the answer to my question but I just wanted to make sure.

Side note: I am new to the forums so I am not sure if this is the correct spot for asking this question or not. If so great, if not, please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

New Post
Today @ 4:10 AM

13stking wrote:

Hey there,

Question: Would I be able to wear a conner pocket/ pack while still wearing a prairie belt with a buttpack on it, or is the conner too long to do that? I think I know the answer to my question but I just wanted to make sure.

Side note: I am new to the forums so I am not sure if this is the correct spot for asking this question or not. If so great, if not, please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

First, welcome aboard!  Yep...you posted the question in the right spot.  I have a Connor and also the M2016.  I think the Connor will be too long to wear it at the same time as a Prairie or Recon Belt with the M2016 Butt Pack.  One way to maybe make that work would be to undock the M2016 from the belt and attach it under the compression straps of the Connor, or some similar method of attaching it, and then just wear the belt while carrying the Connor.  Of course, that doesn't allow you the ability to have the Butt Pack right where you'd immediately want it.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConnor Pocket/Pack...Connor Pocket/Pack...