Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindi / Tara / RKB Jungle Load-OutUmlindi / Tara / RKB Jungle Load-Out
Previous

Next
New Post
6/5/2017 1:34 AM

Hey Ken, very nice post. thanks a lot for sharing.

Only one question, what is the kind of top cover you have for the sleeping set (the tan thing under the HPG silnylon stuff sack). looks like cordura. Is it as I think to protect the fragile stuff from piercing branches and spiky bushed?

Thanks in advance!
Best
Matt

New Post
6/5/2017 6:51 AM

matthbart wrote:
Hey Ken, very nice post. thanks a lot for sharing.

Only one question, what is the kind of top cover you have for the sleeping set (the tan thing under the HPG silnylon stuff sack). looks like cordura. Is it as I think to protect the fragile stuff from piercing branches and spiky bushed?

Thanks in advance!
Best
Matt

It is a DIY Protective Compression Shroud that I made out of Hypalon.  The one in the photos you saw is the "Dot-2" version.  I made another one before that, as well.  Yep....that is exactly what it's for...to protect the contents of my stuff sack from thorns and spikey trees.  Here is a link to the thread I made about it: https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Forum/...ope/posts#19959

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
9/27/2017 7:45 AM

Hey, Ken.

How have you liked using that Solo Stove? I've had my eye on it for a little while. It would be my first backpacking stove. I like the simplicity of it and the ability to burn wood or alcohol. I've seen your other GSI kit and homemade pot stand with thermos top. So it seems you like those types over a Jetboil type stove.

Thanks,
Freddy

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUmlindi / Tara / RKB Jungle Load-OutUmlindi / Tara / RKB Jungle Load-Out