Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston house vs Umlindi - 5'10"Aston house vs Umlindi - 5'10"
Previous

Next
New Post
3/14/2018 12:44 PM

Which pack between Aston house and Umlindi would you recommend for a person like me who is 175 lb 5'10" (32/33in pant inseam) ?  Is the Aston House too long in length for me? Main purpose would be long day hikes (10-16 miles) with decent elevation gain in OR/WA wilderness areas mostly in summer and in early winter. Would be pairing either with a Prairie Belt most likely. Load would be typical stuff you carry for day hikes, nothing super crazy. Would like some capacity for a light overnighter in summer but I already know both these packs do that well.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

New Post
3/14/2018 12:58 PM

All out packs have torso adjustment, so either will work fine. The BC will have more capacity and a bit more weight carrying ability due to the dual stays. Otherwise it comes down to design.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/14/2018 2:50 PM

scothill wrote:
All out packs have torso adjustment, so either will work fine. The BC will have more capacity and a bit more weight carrying ability due to the dual stays. Otherwise it comes down to design.

Thank you for the quick response. I've definitely narrowed it down to these two models. I like the Aston House a bit better due to the water area (I use a bladder) being seperate, but I can see the Umlindi being good for shorter hikes where you just put your gear inside and go. I'll likely end up getting both and use the Umlindi for shorter hikes and esp for travel, since the Aston Pocket fits so well on the Umlindi as well.

Thanks for making these really well thought out packs.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston house vs Umlindi - 5'10"Aston house vs Umlindi - 5'10"