Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRecon harnessRecon harness
Previous

Next
New Post
4/23/2018 10:13 PM

I have searched high amd low amd have seen only two "reviews" on the recon harness. Anyone else have feed back and pix? THANKS!

New Post
5/9/2018 10:32 AM

First off hats off to HPG and their great customer service!
Came in Friday May 4th set it up Friday night over some Makers Mark. I have the KIT BAG 2.0 on the front and a CamelBak 3 liter hot shot mounted to the back of the recon harness? The hot shot had plastic D rings which I removed and added ITW split bar male and Female buckles on each side to mate with the Tara compression straps as it used to ride on the outside of the Tara strap into the compression straps. It is nice for colder weather but in the heat it starts to get toasty, so I decide let’s try the recon harness as a small footprint of the same concept. Saturday Cinco de Mayo went on a 6 mile jog, first mile had to get use to the way it sits on the shoulders. Second mile dialed in the strap adjustments. 3rd mile getting my rhythm, I used the stabilizer kit bungee, I do not like the kit bag bounce at all, but it started to hug me a bit to much on the 4th mile I took of the bungee stabilzer off and it provide just enough air to make it comfy the remaning 2 miles. Overall it did what I expected it to do and once I was use to how it fit and felt it was great.

Will try to post pix

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s273.photobucket.com/user/GabeGuzman/media/20180508_213221.jpg.html]
[/URL]

New Post
5/9/2018 11:57 AM

New Post
5/9/2018 11:57 AM

New Post
5/21/2018 12:02 PM

Can other see the pix, on my phone they do not show up, but on my Laptop I can see them?
Also wanted to add, Saturday went for a long jog and just want to say if you are on the fence about the recon harness, buy it!

New Post
5/21/2018 7:17 PM

I'm on a desktop and I can see the pictures.

New Post
6/7/2018 10:23 PM

Thanks for the review, IYOXE.

New Post
6/8/2018 9:23 PM

I have 21 miles of jogging with it so far and once you dial it in and except how it feels and rides on you its nice, so far so great :) 

New Post
6/11/2018 9:58 PM

That is what I want to get next, is a Recon harness.

New Post
7/15/2018 9:12 PM

61.15 mile total thus far on the harness. Don't get me wrong I love the runners harness set up with the Tara BUT for urban jogs multiple times a week when its hot this set up is a winner.

New Post
7/16/2018 6:46 AM

IXOYE wrote:
61.15 mile total thus far on the harness. Don't get me wrong I love the runners harness set up with the Tara BUT for urban jogs multiple times a week when its hot this set up is a winner.

Good to hear - just ordered one. There are so many hikes I go on where the Kit Bag carries everything I need except water and maybe a rain/wind shell, and I don't want to use the Tara just for those things. The Recon Harness looks perfect for that. 

New Post
7/21/2018 1:57 PM

The Recon Harness is awesome. It really transforms the capabilities of a Kit Bag, for all those times when adding a full backpack to the mix would be overkill. I think this is my favorite 'light and fast' summer hiking setup. 

New Post
8/1/2018 8:22 PM

80.65 total miles on the recon harness since I bought it. All jogs in an urban or semi urban environment and still loving it. i will try to get better pix up soon. :)

New Post
8/13/2018 7:31 AM

New Post
8/13/2018 7:35 AM

New Post
8/13/2018 7:36 AM

I am 5'8" 200 lbs (blame it on the beer)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRecon harnessRecon harness