Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Original Pattern vs Standard Snubby For Running?Snubby Original Pattern vs Standard Snubby For Running?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/3/2018 4:43 PM

First time posting to get some advice as I've been racking my brain on this. Firstly, I have a bunch of HPG products, and have been using a Recon Kit Bag for a few years now. I build it up with pouches and love it for hiking, normally carry a G19 for that. However, I want to get something smaller, specifically for running and something more low profile (no molle). I'm small framed, 5'5", 155lbs. Plan to carry a 9mm S&W Shield, 1 spare mag, wallet, car key, Android phone, and very small flashlight. It's between the snubby and original snubby. Price difference isn't an issue, just curious if all that will fit ok in a standard snubby without turning it into a brick or fouling the pistol draw. Or if I'd be better off with the original pattern snubby? I can't seem to find anything online, other than this site, regarding the original pattern snubby, not even a YouTube review. Just curious if the original pattern snubby is substantially bulkier than the regular snubby? Anyone have both? Anyone choose to trail/street run with the original pattern snubby over the regular snubby? Apologies for the excessive use of the word "snubby", just trying to make my question clear . All thoughts, opinions welcome.  -Calen

New Post
8/3/2018 8:22 PM

I have a regular snubby kit bag that I run with. I carry a Glock 42 or 43, wallet, phone, keys, and a AAA flashlight. I also attach a run buddy magnetic pouch with 10oz of water. The pouch wraps around the strap on the right side where the buckle is.

I don't think I would be able to have the water pouch with the original pattern. I don't think I could put much more in there though.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Original Pattern vs Standard Snubby For Running?Snubby Original Pattern vs Standard Snubby For Running?