Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPistol Carry on Prarie BeltPistol Carry on Prarie Belt
Previous

Next
New Post
8/21/2018 6:35 AM

I have observed the mounting of holsters on the Prarie and Recon Belts, and it seems to me that the pistol would be riding rather high to draw from the holster quickly. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

New Post
8/21/2018 7:42 AM

Depends on the particular holster, how it is mounted and how one tends to wear the belt (on the waist, or higher sitting on the hips).

I don't feel like mine rides particularly high nor interferes with drawing at all.

New Post
8/21/2018 9:18 AM

Mine rides higher then it would on my regular belt, but with the correct cant it draws pretty well. That being said it really depends on your holster, how you mount it, and where you wear you belt. If you look at pictures of Kevin's set up, he wear his a bit lower and more offset for specifically the reasons you state. On the other hand I want mine in tight to my body so it doesn't hang up on brush and the result is the higher ride. I just have to pull out a bit higher, and that is where the cant comes in, to little and it feels like the gun is getting jammed up in the armpit. To much and it comes out to far forward, which is a bit awkward. The RC Phantoms were perfect in my opinion for on belt carry. If I was using the belt and holster for training and competitions I might switch up, but I just use my regular carry set up for that.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/21/2018 9:48 AM

Scott,
Thanks for the quick reply! I can always try it and go from there. I like a cross draw for my larger revolvers but when wearing a pack with kit bag it isn't easy to draw.
Regards,
Sandy

New Post
8/21/2018 9:56 AM

The longer the barrel the harder it is going to be to draw. I am not sure what revolver you are carrying, but maybe a recon belt mounted cross draw holster?

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPistol Carry on Prarie BeltPistol Carry on Prarie Belt