Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSolution for easy water bottle access for Connor pack?Solution for easy water bottle access for Connor pack?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/24/2018 8:07 PM

Hi, I've been looking at the Connor for a while, and was actually about to pull the trigger when I realized it didn't look like the Connor had easy-access full-sized water bottle pockets (it hadn't even occurred to me that it might not, which is why I missed it for so long). I'm interested in a pack I can use for day-hikes, and also dock onto a larger pack for overnight and multi-day trips. However, I drink a lot of water when I hike and I don't use bladders, so now I'm thinking the Connor may not work for me after all. I saw that one solution people have proposed is a "bottle corset," but frankly, it seems like it might be difficult to get a large water bottle (32-48oz) back into one of those when you are reaching backwards. I'm not interested in any pack where I have to remove it in order to put a water bottle back in place. I don't suppose I could attach regular bottle pouches to the sides. I wouldn't want to have to wear a belt just so I could attach water bottle pockets.

Any suggestions? Are there any other packs I can look at (similar-ish in size to the Connor but also able to dock to a larger pack) with better water bottle options? My only "serious" pack right now is a Kifaru Xing, which I love and use for long backcountry dayhikes, but it's too small for an overnight on its own (at least with how I pack - it's 44L I believe). I thought that with the Connor docked, I could stretch the Xing to overnights in warmer weather. At some point I'd like to get a Qui-Ya for multi-day hikes, which I'd also dock the Connor to, for day-hiking when I left my Qui-Ya at camp.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

New Post
8/25/2018 2:56 PM

There is a popular option that is a go between a bladder and bottles. Source sells a kit called the convertube, kitfox outfitters has two version for sale. Another option is a harness pouch. zimmerbuilt and many others sell shoulder harness mounted bottle pouches. A similar option is that the HPG harness comes stock with shock cord on the harness that will hold a 16-20oz bottle without issue. ( small gatorade bottles work well)

New Post
8/26/2018 6:09 PM

Thanks, I'll have to think about it.

New Post
9/1/2018 7:54 PM

The capture flap looks like it could offer some more options for carrying water. I’m hoping to be able to mount a canteen pouch to it.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSolution for easy water bottle access for Connor pack?Solution for easy water bottle access for Connor pack?