Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPRAIRIE BELT sizing PRAIRIE BELT sizing
Previous

Next
New Post
8/1/2018 11:40 AM

Tried calling in over the past few days but wasn't getting through... Figured I'd ask here for a quick answer.

Looking to get a prairie belt to use with my ILBE pack. I'm a 36-38 pant size. 

What prairie belt size should I buy? 

Thanks!

New Post
8/1/2018 11:42 AM

Looks like size 36+

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
10/27/2018 6:21 PM

I am located in Australia, don’t know what this new fangled terminology regarding jeans size is. Just looking at replacing my tired, rat chewed (literally), 20 year old pack that is both uncomfortable and ugly. Being in the land down under and having our postal service usurped by communists and hence very expensive, don’t want to receive and return a prairie belt.
I measured my existing pack belt that is too small I think and came up with 81cm or 31.88 inches, this size just barely gets to the front of my hips bones when tight. My waist measurement is 100cm or 39 inches and gap between front of hip bones is 29cm or 11.4 inches. Noting that the size 33+ prairie would be only nominally longer than my existing hip belt (on the rat chewed pack) would a 36+ be a better fit or likely to be too big, especially considering if I’m likely to do more hiking if my pack fits properly and lose some of the rotund physique around the mid section?

New Post
11/2/2018 8:21 PM

No helpers? Really keen to get a Ute, surely someone has one and can advise on prairie belt sizing.

New Post
11/3/2018 5:12 AM

It's been forever since I had a Prairie Belt or I would help. I know I had the 33+ when I did, and I have a 33" waist, and I don't recall it feeling too big. In fact, I got the 33"+ Recon Belt after and it was a bit too big in the summer because of the lack of padding, and that surprised me. Couldn't quit get it tight enough.

If you're a 39" I would get the 36+ I think.

New Post
11/3/2018 8:29 AM

Send an email to info@hillpeoplegear.com and they will help get your prariebelt sized properly! Good luck, I love my Ute with Prarie belt!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPRAIRIE BELT sizing PRAIRIE BELT sizing