Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPutting it all oetherPutting it all oether
Previous

Next
New Post
6/24/2019 12:49 PM

Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but being a new owner of some of this great gear, I was wondering if it’s possible to combine both an Aston panel AND a v2 Tara pocket onto an umlindi and also onto my hopefully soon purchase of a Ute or Qui-ya.  I tend to travel lighter in weight but bigger in bulk!

thank you

New Post
6/24/2019 12:54 PM

Sure, basically you would just use the Aston Panel as a compression panel and run the Tarapocket loose/unattached behind it. However, I have to ask what is the reason for both. Alone the Aston Panel is not going to do anything the Tara Pocket can't and it will be easier to set up to boot.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
6/24/2019 1:22 PM

I was curious about using the pocket for items that I wanted a little more protection for than a stuff sack would offer, but the have the utility provided by the PALS grid on the panel 

thanks for the rapid reply to my initial query!  Love the gear I have, and really relate to the philosophy 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPutting it all oetherPutting it all oether