Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBinocular haulingBinocular hauling
Previous

Next
New Post
7/21/2015 7:15 PM

I finally broke down and bought a decent pair of binoculars , at least to me , Nikon monarch atb 8x42 is what they are and , I'm wondering if anyone has anything similar and how are you hauling them in conjunction with a kit bag . I have a heavy recon so I could put some sort of pouch on the front but , I'm thinking it would poke out too far .

New Post
7/21/2015 7:35 PM

peppergat, I have the same dilemma. I have the original kit bag and have considered buying a Heavy Recon Kit Bag and attaching to the front a "holder" for my 8X42 bino's for hunting season. I also need bino's for SAR missions and need to figure this out. Now I'm just packing them in a bottle holder, or what ever is handy. Hope someone chimes in on this problem with a good fix. Sorry I'm not any help.

New Post
7/21/2015 7:50 PM

I'm sure someone will chime in. I was thinking at first that I could just carry them with zipper open in the main compartment but , that won't work out just because they are so big. At least I'm not the only one pondering this .

New Post
7/21/2015 7:52 PM

It would be cool if they could design a kit bag / binocular combo . that way you'd still have a place for weapon carry , binoculars and the regular kit bag stuff .

New Post
7/22/2015 8:43 AM

Standby for a bino specific pouch, and no I don't have a timeline. As far as what I do, I have put them in the top of the middle pocket (8x45 if I remember correctly). What I am doing on is I have a couple of pcord tethers and attach them to the grimlocks. One is just a loop for short control. The other one has another slip not so I can shorten and lengthen it. That side stays tethered always and the other just when I am moving. If it is a long movement they are in a belt pouch.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/22/2015 10:16 AM

Excellent Scot . are you using a heavy recon ?

New Post
7/22/2015 10:18 AM

yup

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
7/22/2015 10:45 AM

The HPG 1qt pouch on the front of an a Recon fits my Nikon 10x25 like they were made for each other. No clearance issues either when drawing and firing a bow.
[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/JHAYES6405/media/20150522_063117.jpg.html]
[/URL]

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excuse me while I whip this out.

New Post
7/22/2015 1:09 PM

That's a good idea .I need to measure and see if mine will fit

New Post
9/22/2015 2:37 PM

Getting ready to purchase my first kit bag, not sure which one yet. I'll be using it while hunting to store essentials and my backup gun. I definitely want a built-in binocular strap for my 10x42 binos. I've always used an x-harness and would like something along those lines. I'm constantly glassing and don't want to store them in a pouch - they can hang over the front.

Did anyone every come up with a homemade way using shock cord or elastic strap? This seems like a great add-on.

New Post
9/22/2015 3:54 PM

Heads up - I'm working on a PALS mountable bino pouch sized to go on the front of the two Recon models of KBs.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/23/2015 6:41 AM

Thanks Evan . I'll keep my eyes open for it .

New Post
12/26/2015 7:16 PM

Any update on the pals mounted bino pocket for the recon kit bag?
Thanks, mrbill

New Post
12/28/2015 4:55 PM

have the pieces sitting here but haven't gotten to sewing up a prototype yet.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
3/18/2018 4:05 PM

any update on this topic?

New Post
3/20/2018 8:17 AM

I've got them with a custom guy that we want to try out for prototyping small projects that I'm not personally interested in. Still amazed that nobody else is making a decent pals mountable bino pouch.

New Post
3/28/2018 12:25 PM

I carried Swarovski 10x42 on a neck strap for years. Then I picked up a Leica 1600B LRF. It has largely replaced the Swaro when I am on foot. I carry it in the middle pocket of my OKB, and use it constantly. I still prefer the binos for dedicated glassing, but the little LRF works great for grabbing quick looks at something. Given that, the Swaro glass ends up in my backpack.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBinocular haulingBinocular hauling