Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBig thank you, and brief Bike Frame Bag StoryBig thank you, and brief Bike Frame Bag Story
Previous

Next
New Post
12/26/2017 11:47 PM

Greetings! This is my first post on this forum but I have been lurking and reading for a while. Actually I’ve been researching, reading about and saving my pennies for Hill People Gear for even longer. In fact during the process of this I have basically read through most of the posts on this whole forum, turns out you guys a very useful source of outdoors wisdom!
That all being said I had never actually planned on buying the BFB but I ended up with a random amount in my PayPal wallet and amazon didn’t want to take it. So while grumbling to find a use for it I discovered that Hill People is much less picky about how they take my money, and less picky than many places when it comes to shipping to Canada (double score). So having recently acquired a bike for trail riding I excitedly picked up the BFB it was just the right price to help me clear that account.
The bag is excellent. It is a great size for carrying a few useful or practical things with me and can sometimes mean the difference between bringing a backpack or not. I haven’t had the chance to take it out too many times (winter is more of an on foot trail time for me so far), but so far I think it’s a great sized pouch. The construction and design truly live up to the venerable Hill People reputation, and I really appreciate the multiple ways to mount it and how easy it is to use and remove. It really feels like a piece that was designed with function first, which is something I really like.
The only problem (if you can call it that) is that I was sent two.
I didn’t order two. I definitely didn’t pay for two, so I emailed the HPG expecting “our bad you can keep it,” or “return it and we’ll apply the shipping cost to your next order.” Either of which for the record would have been fine, and I’ll also take this chance to say that the HPG customer service also lives up to its online reputation, it was friendly and quick, and of course they told me to keep the bag or do with it as I please. Awesome, I thought, two bags! Super bike storage! But then I concluded that two BFB’s on my bike was kinda like a TaraPocket docked to a Tarahumara. At some point you just need to get a bigger bag.

So here is the real point of this post. I work with special needs people in my community for a living, and I know a friend (special needs, but fairly independent) who bikes everywhere. I mean basically everywhere. I’ve seen him and his friends on a local trail or two, I know it is how he gets around town and to and from work. He can even be occasionally seen bumming around the local bike shop just because. He immediately came to my mind when considering what to do with my spare bag. I tapped on his door and offered it to him a day or two later and he was thrilled. In fact he told me he put it on his bike that night that very night.

So in conclusion, while I can’t say for certain that this wasn’t some sneaky marketing scheme to ensure at least two people are riding around with Hill People Gear on Vancouver Island, I can certainly say thank you HPG. Thanks for the bag, and for helping me make a special friend’s day awesome. Happy holidays! Also, feel free to send me a duplicate kit bag when I order one

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBig thank you, and brief Bike Frame Bag StoryBig thank you, and brief Bike Frame Bag Story