Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPossibly stupid kit bag attachment questionPossibly stupid kit bag attachment question
Previous

Next
New Post
5/2/2018 9:28 PM

Proud new owner of a v2 kit bag. I can totally understand the hype now.wonderful and extremely versatile piece of gear.

My question is when mounting to a bag, such as the Umlindi, you’re only attaching it with the lifter straps correct? You’re not ever semi permanently attaching it where it kinda takes the place of the sternum strap, right?

Only reason I’m asking is because in some photos of people wearing their bags it’s hard to see if that’s the case.

Thanks for helping a HPG newbie. I’ve definitely drank the koolaid here, and it’s delicious!

New Post
5/3/2018 6:03 AM

Correct. Think of the kit bag as your tshirt or base layer, which you always wear. Then your pack as your jacket you only wear when needed. The lifters allow you to unitize everything to counterbalance the weight of each. Some folks run the sternum strap under the kit bag, and some over the straps above the kit bag. That depends on the height you prefer to wear it and which is most comfortable.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPossibly stupid kit bag attachment questionPossibly stupid kit bag attachment question