Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGDocking Connor Pack with Aston House PackDocking Connor Pack with Aston House Pack
Previous

Next
New Post
12/19/2018 12:25 AM

Hi

I'm looking at replacing my packs with  HPG stuff and I have an intent to 

1) Use the Connor as an EDC (laptop documents) 

2) Dock the Connor to the Aston House (either one) for when I travel

2a) the Aston will serve as a catch all Ie sweaters, bottles, documents etc (think travel for business and/or family) 

3) I would like to use the attache for my laptop together with the connor OR the aston house

Presently I'm using a few bags that offers modularity and integrativeness when needed but lacks in the comfort of carry department

Any thoughts and/or recommendations??

New Post
12/19/2018 4:15 PM

I have the AH and have owned the Connor in the past. It sounds like you have the right thought process on how they can be utilized effectively. I use the AH as a hunting pack. I have a hard time with a top loader, the idea of one big pouch for everything makes me cringe a little, so the AH works well for organizing. The Connor was a great EDC pack, but when we added a baby to our familiy, the required EDC got larger and the Connor no longer fit everything I needed. If we are going to be out all day, I actually use the one pouch of the AH for my EDC and one for the baby stuff.

In this youtube video, Evan actually uses an Attache in one of the pockets of the AH. I love this video. It really shows the organizing capability of this pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AabwqOesXQk&t=0s&list=PLaHEtpAYzpjLcjXnzw5at0NIqep7yRuAY&index=5

New Post
12/21/2018 10:57 AM

I think I'd go with AHBC plus Attache and a pocket harness. Remember that AHBC and Connor have identical footprints and the AHBC compresses quite nicely. So you'd have a large EDC in the AHBC, small EDC in the Attache plus pocket harness, and a nice combined solution by throwing the Attache under the AHBC's compression panel.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGDocking Connor Pack with Aston House PackDocking Connor Pack with Aston House Pack