Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMountain Serape As a Sleeping BagMountain Serape As a Sleeping Bag
Previous

Next
New Post
1/9/2019 12:52 AM

Hey, everyone. Forgive me if these questions have been answered before, but I can't find if they have. My partner and I like the Mountain Serape, but we would like to learn a little more before pulling the trigger. We have three questions.

1. Can two zip together to form a double sleeping bag?

2. Is it possible to wash and/or dry clean?

3. What would it cost to ship to Toronto, Canada?

My partner and I like to go on week-long canoe and hiking trips, so we're interested in gear that is durable, multi-purpose, and takes up as little room as possible in our packs. We're interested in the Serape primarily as a sleeping bag, but like its multi-uses as well. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

New Post
1/9/2019 11:19 AM

I do not believe that two can be zipped together, as the zipper is not fully along the side in sleeping bag mode.
I have washed mine numerous times with no apparent issues. I have had my Serape for about five years now.
Regular shipping is about $22 and the import taxes generally run about the same. My last package (to Kingston, ON) was about that, just after Christmas.
Craig

New Post
1/9/2019 11:55 AM

You can zip two of them together. As Craig says, the zippers don't extend all the way up the sides. With two zipped together, you'll have a fully open MS on the top and a fully open MS on the bottom, and they'll be joined at the bottom and about halfway up each side.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGMountain Serape As a Sleeping BagMountain Serape As a Sleeping Bag