Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therein the field videosin the field videos
Previous

Next
New Post
6/4/2016 9:09 AM

Decided to do a sticky thread for all of our "in the field" videos. Here's the most recent one -- "Settler's Cabin":

And previous ones:

Spring Turkey Hike

Winter Skills Training 2016

HPG Ute (by Independent Adventurer)

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/6/2016 4:54 PM

Good vids Evan. It looks like in the cabin video you have the Aston pocket on the back of the Ute. How did you run the compression straps? It doesn't look like the normal way.

New Post
6/6/2016 5:13 PM

Ccombs wrote:
Good vids Evan. It looks like in the cabin video you have the Aston pocket on the back of the Ute. How did you run the compression straps? It doesn't look like the normal way.

No, that's a regular Aston House pack. 812 stuff sack on the top with my sleeping pad, wild things primaloft booties, and Mountain Serape in it.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/6/2016 5:51 PM

Ah ha! That explains it. Thanks

New Post
6/16/2016 6:53 PM

Been really enjoying your vids Evan! I'm in paramedic school this year, so my own time in the field is extremely limited this year, it's really nice to live vicariously through your vids for a few minutes, keep 'em comin!!

New Post
6/17/2016 3:56 PM

Robinson Roundabout

New Post
6/29/2016 1:45 PM

Summer Gathering

New Post
8/21/2016 5:30 PM

Scouting Hike

New Post
3/27/2017 11:46 AM

I enjoyed the latest, Canyon Country Sojourn. You have some real talent for this sort of thing. I don't know if there is a way to monetize it (in all your free time) but it doesn't seem out of the question either.

I've been a bit beat down myself, and haven't been getting enough dirt time, so I enjoyed myself vicariously. Despite being a decidedly non-hippie Ed Abbey fan, I've not spent much time in canyon country.

Y'all read any David Petersen (of Man Made of Elk fame?) he was a crony of Abbey's.

As an aside, I had no idea Shooter sounded so much like his dad.

New Post
Yesterday @ 11:03 AM

Glad it was a little morale boost Wose. I haven't read Petersen but clearly need to. Don't really have any reading time these days but that wheel will turn again. On monetization, I figure that our video efforts get monetized to the extent that they help with gear sales. And eventually fill classes.

New Post
Yesterday @ 3:17 PM

Evanhill,
And if I was closer, I would be making those classes...with HPG Gear.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therein the field videosin the field videos