Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Thereshakeout/training outing in the Elkhornsshakeout/training outing in the Elkhorns
Previous

Next
New Post
5/20/2017 4:42 PM

Have a kit bag/recon harness combo I wanted to give a whirl and this is the last weekend of training for me before the Bob Marshall Open.  Picked a route in the Elkhorns (MT Elkhorns :)) that come August is a 23k trail race; would be tougher today as there certainly would be some snow to contend with.

Gorgeous day with temps in the 40's and partly cloudy.  Snubby kit bag and recon harness.

soaking in the views

the combo weighed in at 7 pounds including a liter of water, lunch/snacks and a small J frame.  I think that was pretty close to the sweet spot, too much more I'd want a small pack.

great outing and very happy with the setup :)

New Post
Yesterday @ 10:49 AM

The Elkhorns are some neat country.

Only a liter of water for a 23k route?

New Post
Yesterday @ 6:17 PM

sorry the photos are down- evidently exceeded by bandwidth with photobucket- never happened before :(

I probably drank 5 or 6 liters that day- water is pretty plentiful, especially this time of year

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Thereshakeout/training outing in the Elkhornsshakeout/training outing in the Elkhorns