Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Revolver HolstersRevolver Holsters
Previous

Next
New Post
1/6/2017 11:58 AM

Apologies if this has been discussed, but my search didn't turn it up...

Looking for recommendations (preferably based on real use experience) for a revolver holster that is PALS mountable. I've got a couple of Ruger's that typically take turns riding in my kit bag, but in the summer months I prefer to not wear the kit bag on any "hard" hikes due to heat. If anyone has a particular brand/model of revolver holster that attaches nicely to a Praire belt I'd appreciate the info.

New Post
1/6/2017 12:16 PM

Check with these guys:

http://kctkydex.com/products/molle-li...

If you scroll through the Ruger options in the drop down menu, a few different revolver models are listed.  Not sure which models you carry, but if they don't have your model listed, it probably wouldn't be too hard for them to do one for you in your preferred models.  I have one of their holsters for my 1911 and it's pretty good.  The attachment system is solid and the holster doesn't take up too much real estate on a Prairie Belt.  Price point is reasonable, as well.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
1/6/2017 12:28 PM

Thanks alpendrms,

Those look like a solid option. I have a GP100 and SP101, both of which are quite common and are options with the KCT's you referenced.  I will have to give them a try. 

New Post
1/7/2017 9:05 AM

Ooo good link Alpendrms! I've been looking at revolver holsters, and these look pretty dern near perfect.

New Post
1/7/2017 9:32 AM

Lots of holster makers out there. I like Simply Rugged, check 'em out.

New Post
1/9/2017 2:14 PM

In regards to Simply Rugged... I looked at their site, but not seeing anything specifically designed to integrate on PALS grid. Am I missing it, or did you have to modify yours?

New Post
1/9/2017 3:28 PM

I don't have a Simply Rugged PALS set up but have emailed the owner about it and he says he does it with certain models of his holsters.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Revolver HolstersRevolver Holsters

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear