** Limited quantity on ranger green 2nds. The zippers had to be replaced for correct length and needle holes are present in the shell fabric where the old zipper was. Should be a cosmetic issue only **
The Mountain Serape (medium) is a trimmed down version of the original. It is right on the line for someone who has a 46" chest and is 5'10". At that size or even a little smaller you still might want the original. If you're bigger than that in any dimension, you'll want the original. For smaller folks and those looking to pare down some, the size medium could be the way to go. It is 7" narrower in girth, 8" narrower in length, and 5 ounces lighter. Other than that it is the same as the original.
Mountain Serapes function in the following ways:
- insulated hooded poncho
- thigh length greatcoat (zipper or hook secured)
- blanket for two in a survival situation
- half zip sleeping bag good for a 20-30 degree temperature gain
It has the following features:
- 59" x 80" - Note that the way the sleeping bag mode works makes this effectively much longer when in that mode. It will extend to the top of the head of someone who is 5'10" and 220 when in sleeping bag mode.
- DWR treated 70 denier mini-ripstop shell sheds snow and light rain
- 2.4oz primaloft fusion insulation (US made primaloft gold)
- YKK zippers
- at 2.2lbs it is heavier than a comparable sleeping bag, but lighter than a comparable sleeping bag plus comparable jacket.