Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRunners gear - long distance runningRunners gear - long distance running
Previous

Next
New Post
1/28/2013 7:10 PM

I was reviewing your Runners bag.  I can't find much on how far your reviewers ran with these.  I usually run 13-18 miles at a shot and wondered if these have been used for these distances.  I run both road and trail and am mainly concerned with bounce.

New Post
1/28/2013 7:26 PM

I run 3 days a week on trail (approx. 4-5 miles) and 2 days a week on the road (6 miles) and use the RKB with stabilzer strap and have no problems. You must use the stabilzer strap!

New Post
7/17/2013 12:28 PM

Can anyone post photos of how they use the stabilizer strap on the kitbags?

I've been running with the snubby a lot, and I think it would be nice to have the stabilizer strap vector down to eliminate bounce, but if I attach it to my shorts it will just pull them up to my armpits. That would look nice.

Normally I snug the harness up as much as I can comfortably, and this seems to eliminate most bounce, but I'm thinking about sewing in a 1.5" wide piece of elastic along the inside of the bottom of the mesh piece on the back of the harness. That should put it right between the shoulder blades. If tensioned right, it will give just enough flex to allow for chest expansion with deep breathing, hopefully without feeling constricting. I'll post photos if I end up doing it.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRunners gear - long distance runningRunners gear - long distance running