The Ute is a homecoming pack -- designed and tested in Western Colorado and named after "the brothers to the bear" who ranged from the front slope of the Colorado Rockies out into the desert wilderness of the Colorado Plateau in eastern Utah. The Utes are an independent and adaptable people who inhabited a wide variety of landscapes from slickrock canyon to alpine bowl.
The pack we have named after the Utes is similarly adaptable, designed to handle loads from 20 up to as many pounds as you can safely carry with equal aplomb. It can be run beltless, but is best used with the included Prairie Belt.
- Price includes Prairie Belt. When ordering, be sure to add a Prairie Belt in your choice of sizes and colors and then use the coupon code "utebelt" to remove the price of the Prairie Belt from your purchase.
- 500d, 1000d, and hypalon construction
- dual 7075 aluminum stays 1/8"x1"
- removable lightweight framesheet rides in internal hydration / framesheet pocket
- hydration port
- HPG original pulley compression that can be used with and without an external pocket. when used with an external pocket, the external pocket can be used as a free floating compression panel or locked in for "almost sewn" performance
- single main compartment
- 3 heavily reinforced internal hang loops on inside suspension side of pack for hanging heavy items
- dual wand pockets
- zippered slot pocket on underside of top lid with PALS underneath
- HPG original pulley suspension for adjustable shoulder articulation
- $5 of the proceeds from every Ute pack sold goes to the Ute Tribal Scholarship Fund
This is a pack for your most common adventures -- everything short of the kinds of loads that are best handled with an external.
Just got your new pack?
Here's how to get it properly fitted.
Features and Best Practices Video
Ute forum thread
Review on ITS Tactical by Peter Hogg
Paul Gustafson's Field Comparison of Mystery Ranch - Stone Glacier - Kifaru - HPG