Some folks really like to have their own organizational layout and we get that. The Recon Kit Bag takes the thin Runner's profile and adds a PALS grid on the front. This gives you the option of running low profile (size wise if not social wise) or adding your own PALS compatible pouches on the front. It is really nice with a Blue Force Gear triple 5.56 ten speed pouch on the front. It makes for a good weapon support platform for training classes (mags on front, BUG in the pistol compartment) or a mini-chest rig over a slick plate carrier for patrol. Or so this guy
The Recon Kit Bag includes the following features:
- 500d construction
- 8 channel / 3 row PALS grid
- quick access concealed pistol compartment
- comfortable mesh backed H-harness allows you to wear the Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack
- elastic keepers for the H-harness straps
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (optional) for docking to a host pack
- tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit (optional) for running with
- Front zippered access flat pocket with two interior slot pockets with dummy cord loops above them
- pro-tip: one of our GI 1qt bottle holsters mounted on the front of a Recon makes a dandy quick access binocular carrier.
Will My Pistol Fit?
I'm thinking about getting one of the Snubby (smaller footprint) models instead.
Should I put a holster inside of the holster?